The ICCN 2019 conference will be held in Alghero, Sardinia, Italy.
Università di Sassari
Dipartimento di Architettura, Design e Urbanistica
Bastioni Marco Polo, 77
07041 Alghero (SS)
The conference venue is in Alghero downtown, a step from the harbour, walking distance from hotels, restaurant and beaches.
NOTE: The instructions below are just indicative! For any transportation option, make sure to double check the timetable a few weeks before your trip.
- Landing in Alghero airport. The airport in Alghero offers mostly domestic destinations and some international destinations during the summer season. It is located around 10km from downtown.
- Taxi from Alghero airport (20-25 EUR): http://www.algherotaxi.it/en/
- Bus from Alghero airport (1 EUR, runs every hour):
- Landing in Olbia airport. The Olbia airport lies about 140km away from Alghero. It serves domestic and international destinations. The easiest way to get to ICANN from this airport is the direct coach service Olbia-Alghero (~ 2.5 hours, 20 EUR).
- Landing in Elmas (Cagliari) airport. This is the main airport on the island, serving several international destinations. It lies further away from the ICCN Conference Venue, you should count around 5 hours travel time. You can reach Alghero by train, with a connection in Sassari. It is a good option if you plan to spend a few extra days before or after the conference to explore the beautiful island of Sardinia.
Another option is to rent a car at the airport and drive to Alghero. Most hotels in Alghero offer parking to their guests.
Many ferry services connect Northern Sardinia with the mainland. The main port is Porto Torres (around 40km from ICCN Conference Venue), which is connected by ferry with Barcelona, Genoa, Civitavecchia, Marseille, Propriano. Some ferry companies are: